[nycphp-talk] PHP - GTK as alternative to an Applet?

Phillip Powell phillip.powell at adnet-sys.com
Wed Apr 21 11:13:45 EDT 2004

I read up on some info regarding GTK which has the ability to run as a
client-side programming GUI interface, much like an applet.  I am
looking at means of creating alternatives to applets that can be
embedded into webpage HTML as <object> instances, due to the recent
global instability (and sketchiness) of applets, and saw somewhere about
GTK having such a capability as well, provided the user downloads the
"runtime environment".

I looked up info on gtk.php.net and http://gtk.php.net/resources.php and
www.gtk.net and found only a smattering of information.  If anyone knows
of any exhaustive resource of usage of GTK using PHP (and not C, ugh!),
please let me know, or if you've ever used GTK in building GUI
applet-like interfaces.

Thanx
Phil