[nycphp-talk] [ot] Apache testing suite considerations

Joel De Gan joel at tagword.com
Thu Apr 22 12:59:22 EDT 2004

On Thu, 2004-04-22 at 11:36, Chris Bielanski wrote:
> Hey kids, I want to collect everyone's (cogent) thoughts on what scripts
> they find most effective for testing out new Apache installations. I'm
> looking at load-balancing, max throughput, max concurrent sessions, and
> things of that nature. I'd like to be able to stress-test and shakedown any
> new LAMP or WAMP servers we build. I've only just begun this research and
> I'm not an Apache geek by any stretch, so any input is graciously welcomed.

ab - apache bench, it comes with apache as far as I know.
you can run it off a test server so it not connecting to localhost.
it is kind of the defacto..

Here is what the output sort of looks like:

Concurrency Level:      1
Time taken for tests:   0.755 seconds
Complete requests:      100
Failed requests:        0
Broken pipe errors:     0
Total transferred:      2379200 bytes
HTML transferred:       2342200 bytes
Time per request:       7.55 [ms] (mean)
Time per request:       7.55 [ms] (mean, across all concurrent requests)
Transfer rate:          3151.26 [Kbytes/sec] received

Connnection Times (ms)
              min  mean[+/-sd] median   max
Connect:        0     0    0.0      0     0
Processing:     6     7    5.6      6    62
Waiting:        0     2    6.5      0    62
Total:          6     7    5.6      6    62

Percentage of the requests served within a certain time (ms)
  50%      6
  66%      6
  75%      6
  80%      6
  90%      7
  95%      7
  98%     11
  99%     14
100%     62 (last request)

--
joeldg - developer, Intercosmos media group.
http://lucifer.intercosmos.net