[nycphp-talk] [ot] Anyone think the Cisco/TCP thing is goingaround?

David Mintz dmintz at davidmintz.org
Fri Apr 23 12:55:56 EDT 2004

On Fri, 23 Apr 2004, Mitch Pirtle wrote:

> Some dork botched my order, and last Friday they canceled my existing,
> working DSL and started a new order.  I am STILL using dialup 1 week
> later (ironically Earthlink, as Verizon provides no standby services)...
>
> I wished I could tell you about Verizon DSL here in NYC, but I'm living
> large on analog until those prozac-popping freaks get my
> previously-working circuit back up :(

I have had great success with BritSys (http://britsys.net/), the only
outage occuring when those [a-z]{4}ing Verizon [a-z]{4}heads gratuitously
knocked out my service when I requested a change of carrier on my ~other~
line, where the DSL wasn't. I dialed up for two weeks while my service was
re-ordered and re-installed at my expense. Malice or incompetence? Who
knows. Man I hate those people.

---
David Mintz
http://davidmintz.org/

        "Anybody else got a problem with Webistics?" -- Sopranos 24:17