[nycphp-talk] PHP, IMAP, c-client

Adam Maccabee Trachtenberg adam at trachtenberg.com
Mon Apr 26 03:09:16 EDT 2004

On Mon, 26 Apr 2004, Dan wrote:

> I have a Cyrus IMAP server, with GSSAPI authentication enabled. I have a
> PHP app which connects to Cyrus and performs administrative tasks.
>
> My PHP code is calling imap_open, but this is failing as the c-client
> seems to be trying GSSAPI authentication, then giving up, due to
> credential cache errors.

>From what I can tell, you can't use GSSAPI with PHP and IMAP.

See: http://archives.neohapsis.com/archives/php/2001-11/0011.html

(Search for GSSAPI)

> My question is this: How can i force c-client to NOT use gssapi for this
> application? I considered rebuilding the imap-devel or libc-client-devel
> packages, but this would affect other applications like pine which *do*
> utilise gssapi for imap. 1 thought i had was to build a custom c-client
> (Without kerberos or gssapi) and statically link that into php.

You would have to ask a c-client expert about this. Try:

http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html

However, I would probably just what you suggest: build a custom
c-client and be done with it.

-adam

adam at trachtenberg.com
author of o'reilly's php cookbook
avoid the holiday rush, buy your copy today!