[nycphp-talk] new hash filter system..

Joel De Gan joel at tagword.com
Tue Apr 27 11:29:30 EDT 2004

Hey all,
Figured I would ask on this list as there are some bright chaps that
post in here.
I did some research with bloom filters and worked up a sort-of-similar,
but non-binary, system in PHP.
See http://peoplesdns.com/filter/ for explaination and code.
I am looking for feedback before this ends up all over.
A co-opensource-worker posted to his blog (
http://dannyayers.com/archives/002541.html ) but in general it is still
at the request for comments/suggestions/rants stage.

Basically, anyone know of any reasons this might break? That it might be
an issue under certain circumstances, ways to make it better, problems
with the incremental approach etc.. I would especially be interested in
mathematical references that link to similar items that I may have
overlooked.

Anyway, built for handling "LARGE" datasets, not small (i.e. < 500k)

Thanks

--
joeldg - developer, Intercosmos media group.
http://lucifer.intercosmos.net