[nycphp-talk] PHP vs ASP

Chris Shiflett shiflett at php.net
Tue Apr 27 15:58:49 EDT 2004

--- yury at heavenspa.com wrote:
> my naivety shows... true, but how rare is it to have php on IIS?

Not as rare as it should be.

In fact, it's apparently common enough that Zend now offers WinEnabler:

http://www.zend.com/store/products/zend-win-enabler.php

In the past, PHP on Windows hasn't been terribly great, due largely in
part to the fact that the focus has always been on Unix platforms, since
that is what most server environments run. I think Zend is seeking to make
PHP a more viable option for Windows shops, although I agree with the
voiced concern over IIS. Even the Gartner Group advises against running
IIS in mission-critical environments.

Chris

=====
Chris Shiflett - http://shiflett.org/