[nycphp-talk] OOP Tutorials

Tim Gales tgales at tgaconnect.com
Sun Aug 1 12:28:02 EDT 2004

Joe Crawford writes:

> i am looking for an in depth explanation and example based
> OOP tutorial,

You might find some of the articles at:
http://www.objectmentor.com/resources/listArticles?key=topic&topic=Object%
20Oriented%20Design

to be of interest.
(They are not really tutorials per se)

I recommend:
http://www.objectmentor.com/resources/articles/Principles_and_Patterns.PDF

by Robert Martin -- (c)2000.

here's an excerpt:

"Of all the principles of object oriented design,
this is the most important. It originated from the
work of Bertrand Meyer. It means simply this:
We should write our modules so that they can be extended,
without requiring them to be modified. In other
words, we want to be able to change what the modules do,
without changing the source code of the modules."

(sometimes Mr. Martin's opinions can appear rather extreme...)

T. Gales & Associates
'Helping People Connect with Technology'

http://www.tgaconnect.com