[nycphp-talk] Hmm, how to count 'online' users?

Eddie Haber php at haberco.com
Thu Aug 12 03:02:04 EDT 2004

There are JavaScript and flash solutions that calculate exact seconds of
every page-view. Check into those technologies.

If you really wanna know as much as you can about page-view duration and
user stickiness set up a socket connection between an invisible flash movie
on the user's page and a simple PHP socket "page-views" server. And the
funny thing is I'm not even joking.