[nycphp-talk] Files or BLOBs??

Ajai Khattri ajai at bitblit.net
Thu Aug 12 14:12:32 EDT 2004

Im planning a web-based application where users upload text files to a
site where they are stored and can be searched, viewed, edited, etc. My
first instinct is to use some database to make indexing and searching
nice and fast. However, each file can vary from 26K to 35K - and I think
this is rather large to store in a column in MySQL so maybe I will have
to use files and use MySQL to store meta-data about the file. What do
you guys consider a good approach for this sort of thing?

--
Aj.
Systems Administrator / Developer