[nycphp-talk] nasty img tags (was: Hmm, how to count 'online' users?)

David Mintz dmintz at davidmintz.org
Thu Aug 12 16:03:10 EDT 2004

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004, Ajai Khattri wrote:

> Eddie Haber wrote:
> >
> >Even better, You can email these gifs to people and track when they read
> >your emails.

Funny, I misread this as "email these gifts" the first time and thought it
was irony.

> Yep - this why Im loathe to open spam messages since spammers could
> track images in HTML-formatted email and see if you read their email.

Unless you're like me and use an uncool mail client like Pine... Then
you can consider in private whether you want a bigger one, if you're of a
mind to.

---
David Mintz
http://davidmintz.org/

        "Anybody else got a problem with Webistics?" -- Sopranos 24:17