[nycphp-talk] SMTP Issues with Linux and Windows 2003

LeeEyerman at aol.com LeeEyerman at aol.com
Thu Aug 12 20:46:57 EDT 2004

I am working with a client who has a LINUX server for web serving, ftp,  etc,
and a Windows 2003 internal network.  The internal network is very  simple.
Basically a couple of small MS workgroups attached to a Windows  2003 server.

When setting up Outlook to talk to the LINUX server, I am able to retrieve
messages over POP3 without a problem.  However, I cannot send SMTP  messages.
I get various SMTP errors from the LINUX server.

Has anyone encountered this?  Any help would be very greatly  appreciated.

Thank you
-Lee