[nycphp-talk] job: developers and designers needed

Hans C. Kaspersetz hans.kaspersetz at nyphp.org
Sat Aug 21 13:32:25 EDT 2004

I would like to follow-up with my post last night and put this to rest.
My post last night was insensitive. It was late and I did not take the
time to make my response diplomatic. I purely stated what the guidelines
are and where the community can go to review them.

My intention was to let the user know there is another list for this
purpose and that there are guidelines that prompted my response. I try
and make it a habit not to offer guidance unless I can offer a reference
to back it up. I also try and not operate on pure opinion when offering
that guidance.

As John stated, the guidelines I refereed to are relatively new.
Normally, an off list mod is the way to go but I responded on list to
raise the awareness of the guidelines. I did not state that he would be
prohibited from posting after review. I just stated that posts that are
commercial in nature should be reviewed by the board.

I am not trying to come off "holier than thou"; my intention was to
raise awareness on two fronts, that's it. I agree with Chris that being
an accessible resource does make the community stronger. In the same
breath, it is the community member’s social responsibility to be aware
of the community's guidelines. I hope we can close this discussion and
move on. Please accept my apology for my lack of sensitivity. I do not
intend to drive anyone away.

Respectfully,
Hans K