[nycphp-talk] job: developers and designers needed

Michael mogmios at mlug.missouri.edu
Sat Aug 21 21:59:29 EDT 2004

> My apologies to Michael who posted the original job *advertisement*. I
> never doubted his intentions, but he has sparked the discussion so may
> feel a bit persecuted. He's also a self-proclaimed SEO person, so I
> expect he understands very well the value of such exposure.

I do understand that value. I also must point out though that I did not
include a url at all to the business. I didn't even use my business
email address. The only url I posted was in my usual sig and goes to my
own personal website.

> Someone has to protect resources that are intended to be free, and
> intended to be high signal to noise, and NOT intended to be marketing
> vehicles for commercial enterprises (including book authors).

FYI, the company I work for doesn't spam mailing lists, wikis, or any of
those bad practices you mentioned. I understand your concern about such
abuse but I hardly think posting a job advert such as I did would fall
into that category. We do take advantage of such resources to create
sponsorship links to our clients but we do it in what I feel is the
legit way - we either create the resource ourselves and put the links
where appropiate or we make deals with the websites involved to pay them
a sponsorship fee to include our text links on their pages. If it was my
intention to get links from your site that is the method I would use.
Again, I apologize for any trouble my job posting made.

Someone mentioned a list for non-technical discussion on these topics.
What is the address for that list? Thanks.

--
Michael <mogmios at mlug.missouri.edu>
http://kavlon.org