[nycphp-talk] allow_url_fopen

David Mintz dmintz at davidmintz.org
Thu Aug 26 17:28:42 EDT 2004

On Fri, 20 Aug 2004, George Schlossnagle wrote:

> That would work,  You should encourage the Pair folks to upgrade as
> well.  4.3.4 is old now.

Shame, shame on me. They ~are~ running 4.3.8. Until moments ago I failed
to realize that I was reading the version info from my outdated php binary
that I was using for CGI mode.

I would keep my mouth shut and not embarrass myself, but being the
honorable sort, I thought I owed it to pair to fall on my sword and
correct the public record.

And yeah pair is the ones who provide bandwidth and hardware to PEAR.

btw thanks for the advice. I think I will use cURL.

---
David Mintz
http://davidmintz.org/

        "Anybody else got a problem with Webistics?" -- Sopranos 24:17