[nycphp-talk] Projects

Brian Kaney brian at vermonster.com
Sat Aug 28 14:21:30 EDT 2004

Sometimes is the good to learn more about a language is just to look at it.
High-quality code, like the modules in Pear, are a good place to start.
  Seeing
how the code looks and how it is documented will help define a good style
guide.  Here is another frequently referenced coding style
<http://alltasks.net/code/php_coding_standard.html>.

Over at Horde <http://www.horde.org>, they have a concept that I really
love...project bounties <http://www.horde.org/bounties>.  People and/or
companies sponsor new enhancements for a small cash reward.  This is great in
at least two ways: 1) the project evloves and 2) it gets more developers
learning the codebase.  I would really like to see this become part of
Soureforge and/or Freshmeat.

- Brian