[nycphp-talk] Projects

inforequest sm11szw02 at sneakemail.com
Sat Aug 28 18:44:00 EDT 2004

csnyder chsnyder-at-gmail.com |nyphp 04/2004| wrote:

>Well, obviously it's written in Googlish! ;-)
>
>All kidding aside, the source code for the user interface is available
>-- and it's the user interface (xhtml+css+javascript) of the new
>Google apps that really rocks.

Well, something had better rock because the content sure doesn't!  It
seems Google is grabbing anything it can stick ads onto these days.

But I guess newsgroups might be a pretty attractive challenge for the
PhD's... it looks like they are doing a straight text-match in this
beta. Stemming is off, no synonyms, tons and tons of keyword spam in the
results set.

What exactly is so interesting about the user interface?

-=john