[nycphp-talk] Wiki recommendations?

Ajai Khattri ajai at bitblit.net
Wed Dec 1 13:42:05 EST 2004

Tom wrote:

>Hey everyone,
>
>I'm evaluating wikis for use in our organization, and I'd like to get
>your opinions.
>
>There aren't too many requirements:
>- User Authenication
>- Ability to Upload Files
>
>Nice to haves would be:
>- Wiki syntax WYSIWYG editor
>- WikiPage Sidebar (pmwiki does this well)
>- author information printed on the page (this can probably just be
>included with a wiki variable, if it isn't there by default)
>
>We are not married to the idea of a wiki, a good document management
>server would also suffice.  We are really just looking for a way to
>organize our documentation effectively.

I am using the latest version of phpwiki - I chose it for its simple
interface rather than its features:
http://phpwiki.sourceforge.net/phpwiki/

If you are looking for something to do issue tracking as well as have a
wiki you may want to look at trac (its next on my list of evaluations):
http://www.edgewall.com/trac/

Finally, there's the one used on wikipedia.org:
http://wikipedia.sourceforge.net/

--
Aj.
Systems Administrator / Developer