[nycphp-talk] Wiki recommendations?

Tom tom at supertom.com
Wed Dec 1 17:29:22 EST 2004

Hi guys,

Thanks for the feedback.  For the last two days I've been installing and
testing out wikis and I would agree that hands down mediawiki takes the
cake.  It installed in 30 seconds, and has tons of features.

In my testing, I would say the close runners up were PMwiki and
Dokuwiki, for those of you keeping score!

Thanks again for the help!

Tom

www.liphp.org

On Wed, 2004-12-01 at 14:48, inforequest wrote:
> Ajai Khattri ajai-at-bitblit.net |nyphp dev/internal group use| wrote:
>
> > I am using the latest version of phpwiki - I chose it for its simple
> > interface rather than its features:
> > http://phpwiki.sourceforge.net/phpwiki/
> >
> > If you are looking for something to do issue tracking as well as have
> > a wiki you may want to look at trac (its next on my list of evaluations):
> > http://www.edgewall.com/trac/
> >
> > Finally, there's the one used on wikipedia.org:
> > http://wikipedia.sourceforge.net/
>

> I really like mediawiki (the wikipedia one), although I can't answer
> your questions as I basically just use it for content creation/management.
>
> -=john andrews

====
Tom Melendez
Senior Software Developer