[nycphp-talk] primary key alphanumerical

jaime bermudez jaimeb82 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 9 16:47:28 EST 2004

Hi there,
Is there any way to make a Primary Key that is a
combination of letters and numbers. I have an
application form that collects teachers information,
then every teacher should submit their school
principal and their school supervisor, the problem is
that each (PK) is just a consecutive number.
Therefore, each application contains 3 diferent
numbers like 001 (for the teacher) 002 (for the
principal) and 003 (for the supervisor) this gets
confusing when I try to separate them to transfer from
MySQL into an Access database. It would be ideal if
they are something like that : TEA001, PRI001, SUP001,
etc...

Any ideas or paths so I can start researching...?

Thanks in advance, Jaime.
Gilder Lehrman Institute of American History