[nycphp-talk] primary key alphanumerical

Daniel Convissor danielc at analysisandsolutions.com
Thu Dec 9 20:07:31 EST 2004

On Thu, Dec 09, 2004 at 01:47:28PM -0800, jaime bermudez wrote:
> Is there any way to make a Primary Key that is a
> combination of letters and numbers.

There's nothing preventing you from using a CHAR field as a primary
key.  That would negate auto_increment, but you didn't mention needing
that.  As someone else mentioned, you can combine a CHAR and INT
column to make the key.  Like other pepole mentioned, it sounds like
you're on an unusual track.  If you need some database consulting,
drop me an email off list.

--Dan

                http://www.AnalysisAndSolutions.com/