[nycphp-talk] 35% off from Addison-Wesley/Prentice Hall to group members

John Lacey jlacey at att.net
Fri Dec 17 18:24:10 EST 2004

DeWitt, Michael wrote:
> If you are looking for some reading material over the holidays, here you go:
>
> For discount off Prentice Hall PTR books:
> http://www.phptr.com/promotion/1945
>
> For discount off Addison-Wesley books:
> http://www.awprofessional.com/promotion/1942

thanks Mike,

and speaking of books, people who are looking for a good treatment on
security with a focus on web programming, you might check out a book
called "Innocent Code -- a security wake-up call for web programmers" by
Sverre H. Huseby.  Bookpool has it along with their usual killer prices:

http://www.bookpool.com/.x/seohzqasy8/ss?qs=innocent+code&x=0&y=0

I bought it sometime ago while waiting for Shiflett's security book to
hit the shelves.

BTW George Schlossnagle, nice job on the "Advanced PHP Programming"
book.  It is well-organized and contains a wealth of interesting and
diverse topics.  I have a little business developing and teaching Open
Source classes (mainly LAMP stack).   I hope to offer several levels of
courses and if things work out, I want to develop an advanced PHP
course--your book would make a good text, I'm thinking.  The method to
my madness is to pick a good text and then develop a student workbook
around it.

John