[nycphp-talk] php + mysql

Daniel Convissor danielc at analysisandsolutions.com
Sat Dec 18 00:46:12 EST 2004

On Fri, Dec 17, 2004 at 11:47:21PM -0500, Juancarlos Aponte wrote:
> I have version 4.1.7 of MySQL.  I recommented the
> extension=php_mysql.dll line and set the extension dir to the proper
> directory and also put the libmysql.dll file back into the PHP
> directory.  Restarted Apache, and it still didn't work.  I even tried
> adding an "extension=php_mysqli.dll" line into the php.ini file but to
> no avail.  PHPmyadmin still gives me an error when trying to start up.
>  "Cannot load mysql extension..." Anyone else have some ideas? Thanks
> a ton.

Please pay attention.

* You have to use the mysqli extension for MySQL 4.1.x, so uncomment
   php_mysqli.dll extension in your php.ini.
* That also means you need to use the mysqli_*() functions, not the old
   mysql_*() functions.
* Since you probably don't have MySQL 4.0.x installed, DO NOT enable the
   php_mysql.dll extension.
* What are you talking about with the libmysql.dll?  The libmySQL.dll
   that MySQL installs to the mysql bin directory (for example
   C:\Program Files\mysql41\bin)?  Don't move that from there (Put it
   back there).  Guess you misinterpreted some instructions you read
   somewhere else.
* You didn't mention what you set the extension_dir to in php.ini.
* If you're using PHP as an Apache module, restart Apache.

--Dan

                http://www.AnalysisAndSolutions.com/