[nycphp-talk] WAMP on a new XP box with SP2 possible?

Tim Gales tgales at tgaconnect.com
Sun Dec 19 13:18:18 EST 2004

> Subject: Re: [nycphp-talk] WAMP on a new XP box with SP2 possible?
>

> Mitch Pirtle wrote:
> > Folks,
> >
> > Please help this tired old unix fart with his new laptop.
> I've tried
> > for hours, trudged through forums, and even tried XAMPP and several
> > other WAMP 'easy to install, really!' packages that don't work.
> >
> > I've opened up port 80 on the firewall (both UDP and TCP),
> and other
> > than that have absolutely no idea what it takes to get
> going on a SP2
> > box.
> >
> > Please, can someone end the pain?
>
> A couple weeks ago, just for grins and giggles I loaded up XAMPP on a
> box with XP where the college sysadmin had just installed SP2.  Short
> version, it didn't work.  Since I don't have XP SP2 at home,
> I haven't
> had a chance to look into it.  It wouldn't allow loopbacked access to
> Apache, so it looks like a fairly straightforward SP2 config
> issue. If
> you get it working, let us know what you found.

Well, a brave soul (not me) might try an update located at:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?amp;displaylang=en&familyi
d=17d997d2-5034-4bbb-b74d-ad8430a1f7c8&displaylang=en

It tries to solve some loopback problems with XP2.

T. Gales & Associates
'Helping People Connect with Technology'

http://www.tgaconnect.com