[nycphp-talk] [OT] Hosting: Is www.theplanet.com any good?

Paul Reinheimer preinheimer at gmail.com
Tue Dec 21 10:20:33 EST 2004

I am also on ServerMatrix, all in all a great experiance for me. My
only negative comment is that the support (& other) techs have a
tendancy to close tickets before I feel the issue is otherwise
resolved.

The few times I have called support I got a tech first ring after transfer.

paul

On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 08:50:53 -0600, Jason N. Perkins <jperkins at sneer.org> wrote:

> On Dec 21, 2004, at 8:29 AM, Mitch Pirtle wrote:
>
> > Speaking of RackSpace, the guy that started it all is now at
> > ServerBeach.com - which is basically RackSpace on a budget, where you
> > do the system administration yourself.
>
> It was actually two of the guys - Richard Yoo and Dirk Elmendorf.
>
> > The prices are awesome, they have NAS available for remote backup, and
> > also offer redundant disks as an option.
>
> I had the opportunity to work in the same office as their lead tech guy
> and some of the stuff that he had done is really, really cool from an
> automated hosting standpoint.
>
> > I switched back to them two months ago and can only say good things
> > about them.
>
> Excellent! I was always reluctant to mix business and personal, so I
> kept my stuff hosted elsewhere. Also, the buyout of ServerBeach by Pier
> 1 hasn't had any negative impact on their operations that I'm aware of.
>
> --
> Jason N Perkins

Paul Reinheimer
Zend Certified Engineer