[nycphp-talk] mysql_close() error

Daniel Convissor danielc at analysisandsolutions.com
Tue Dec 21 17:15:37 EST 2004

On Tue, Dec 21, 2004 at 04:20:31PM -0500, Frank Wong wrote:

> Warning: mysql_close(): 12 is not a valid MySQL-Link resource

Sounds like the database connection was already closed somewhere else
in your scripts.  Comment out all calls to mysql_close() except this
one you're talking about.

If that isn't it, how about doing some debugging?  What you've given
here is pseudo code, leaving out a lot of stuff, so ther's no way we
can know what's really going on, plus having such a large example is
distracting you from the problem at hand.  You need to make a REAL
self contained example that breaks down everything to the simplest
level possible:

<?php
 // set the $host, etc, vars here...

 $link = mysql_connect($host, $sys_user, $sys_password)
         or die("Could not connect : " . mysql_error());
 mysql_select_db($sys_db)
         or die("Could not select database");
 mysql_close($link);
?>