[nycphp-talk] Help... NeverEverNoSanity WebWorm generation 8.

Yury Rush yury at heavenspa.com
Fri Dec 24 09:03:36 EST 2004

temp solution:http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=240513

ciao
yury

too bad google wont stop the search!

-----Original Message-----
From: talk-bounces at lists.nyphp.org
[mailto:talk-bounces at lists.nyphp.org]On Behalf Of Chris Shiflett
Sent: Thursday, December 23, 2004 9:11 PM
To: NYPHP Talk
Subject: Re: [nycphp-talk] Help... NeverEverNoSanity WebWorm generation
8.

--- "Alan T. Miller" <amiller at criticalmedia.biz> wrote:
> It looks like I got slammed by some new PHP vulnerablity. It first
> appeard that what it did was to replace all your index pages with
> its own that proclaims "This site is defaced!!!" and then includes
> ... "NeverEverNoSanity WebWorm generation 8.".

[snip]

> Anyone have any information about this, how to fix, how to clean
> this up, how to prevent (other than the obvious upgrade your PHP
> the absolute minute an update comes out?).

I believe this is due to a security vulnerability in phpBB that is made
much worse by the vulnerability in PHP 4.3.9. PHP has an upgrade
available, so you can upgrade to that. I'm not sure if phpBB has a fix
yet, but this surely won't be the last hole anyway. :-)

Chris

=====
Chris Shiflett - http://shiflett.org/

PHP Security - O'Reilly     HTTP Developer's Handbook - Sams
Coming Soon                 http://httphandbook.org/