[nycphp-talk] AMD64 phpMyAdmin with PHP 5

David Mintz dmintz at davidmintz.org
Sun Dec 26 13:03:46 EST 2004

I got bit by the what I believe may be the same thing, i.e., in one place
the phpMyAdmin docs tell you that you can safely keep your old config file
when you uppgrade and copy it over the new one. But if you do that to
upgrade from a pre-mysqli version to one with mysqli support and you're
using mysqli, surprise! It doesn't work.

On Sun, 26 Dec 2004, John Lacey wrote:

> Mark Horton wrote:
> > Is anyone using phpMyAdmin on AMD64 with PHP 5?  I'm getting segfaults
> > when I try to use "mysqli".  If I switch to just "mysql" then it works
> > fine.  However, I'm using mysql 4.1.8 and would like to use mysqli.
> >
><snip />
> have you taken a look at the config file for the mysqli change?
> .
> .
<snip />
---
David Mintz
http://davidmintz.org/

"Don't let the liberal media tell you what to think
and feel. If you have hatred in your heart, let it out."

   -- Clayton Bigsby, black white supremacist