[nycphp-talk] PHP 5 guru: help fix simple PEAR DB problem

Daniel Convissor danielc at analysisandsolutions.com
Mon Feb 2 22:04:55 EST 2004

Hi Adam:

On Mon, Feb 02, 2004 at 05:15:07PM -0500, Adam Maccabee Trachtenberg wrote:

> 1) Use an array with a string key: array('a' => 1)
> 2) Cast it to an object and call get_object_vars() on the result.
> 3) Assign this cast object to an array with multiple elements.
> 4) Call print_r() on the resulting array.
>
> If I remove any of these, the crash goes away. I can generate a
> backtrace if you can't reproduce this on your machine.

Nice job.  The thing is even more subtle than that, because your script
runs fine on my machine...

Array
(
    [0] => 1
    [1] => stdClass Object
        (
            [a] => 1
        )

)

I hate these kinds of bugs.  There's something similar to this happening
with the Interbase extension in PHP 4.  Total pain.

I've tried to tweak things to make it act up on my machine, but no luck so
far.  Yeah, can you send me a backtrace and the details of your OS/PHP
config please?  I'll open up a bug report combining our issues.

Thanks,

--Dan

                http://www.AnalysisAndSolutions.com/