[nycphp-talk] PHP Mail problem on Windows Server

Jeff Siegel jsiegel1 at optonline.net
Tue Feb 3 13:28:15 EST 2004

Oh yeah...we both looked at this some time ago.
However, I did discover that MailEnable needs to be configured to allow
local applications to send mail
(http://www.mailenable.com/kb/Content/Article.asp?ID=ME020044) so...I'll
see what the sysadmin says.

Jeff

Dan Cech wrote:

> Jeff Siegel wrote:
>
>> I'm getting the following error message -
>> "Warning: mail(): SMTP server response: 503 This mail server requires
>> authentication." - using the mail function with PHP on Windows. Since
>> I've been spoiled and have been using only Linux (or FreeBSD) ... I've
>> got no clue what needs to be done on Windows server.
>

> You're going to kick yourself Jeff.
>
> <http://phpmailer.sourceforge.net>
>
> Dan

Found on the Simpson's Website:
"Ooooooh, they have the internet on computers now!"