[nycphp-talk] Fw: reading cookie expirations

Adam Maccabee Trachtenberg adam at trachtenberg.com
Tue Feb 3 17:51:58 EST 2004

On Tue, 3 Feb 2004, -sry wrote:

> In an off-list continuation, he noted, that the $HTTP_COOKIE_VARS
> array is just an array of cookies, not an array of values for *a*
> cookie. Is he right? :-( Really? :-(((( bahhhh....so how do we get
> the other stuff besides name and value? now *I* want to know!

Cookies do not return the information that you're looking for. They
only return the cookie's name and value. (And maybe the path and
domain.)

See RFC 2109 for more information:

http://www.cis.ohio-state.edu/cgi-bin/rfc/rfc2109.html

-adam

adam at trachtenberg.com
author of o'reilly's php cookbook
avoid the holiday rush, buy your copy today!