[nycphp-talk] Zend Studio and Oracle

Daniel Convissor danielc at analysisandsolutions.com
Wed Feb 4 11:21:51 EST 2004

Hi Hans:

On Wed, Feb 04, 2004 at 07:27:43AM -0800, Hans Zaunere wrote:

> I need to profile some code and I'm using Zend Studio under Windows XP.
> The code, however, speaks to an Oracle database via OCI8 and I'm finding
> that Zend Studio's included PHP version doesn't have the OCI8 extension
> installed.

I sometimes use Zend Studio to analyze PEAR DB, which uses the oci8
functions.  Didn't have any problem.  I'm using my own PHP version
(4.3.5 dev) and have the oci8 dll uncommented in my php.ini.

You may just need to uncomment it in the given php.ini file since the oci8
functions have been around for a while so should even exist in the old
version of PHP (what is it, 4.2.0?) Zend bundles with Studio.

Good luck,

--Dan

                http://www.AnalysisAndSolutions.com/