OT [nycphp-talk] Fw: TA04-033A: Multiple Vulnerabilities inMicros oftInternet Explorer

Mitch Pirtle mitchy at spacemonkeylabs.com
Wed Feb 4 12:34:55 EST 2004

Chris Bielanski wrote:
> It occured to me that most XP users will never see the BSOD more than a
> split second because they've given it the nasty disposition of rebooting on
> all but the most heinous of STOP messages...

All this talk about BSOD's has me terrified, wondering when it is going
to happen to me.  I'm an old (OLD!) *nix user from 1984, Windows-free
since 1996.  And Macromedia's tools have forced me to start living the
dual-boot dream in order to quickly create layouts, templates and Flash.

But I tell you something - this thing NEVER crashes.  Really, and I am
the last person to figure out how to manage an XP box.  I download
patches (some of them, at least!) and that's about it.  Then again, no
Kazaa, no video games, no fun...  Maybe I'm on to something here.

My only complaint is the lousy driver support for my el'cheapo AC97
onboard sound, which consequently sounds GREAT through ALSA.  :(

-- Mitch