[nycphp-talk] Upgraded forums.nyphp.org

jon baer jonbaer at jonbaer.net
Thu Feb 12 13:05:19 EST 2004

Just a general question, the board is very nice but how come every board
package doesnt have the option to act as a mailing list (for example
subscribing to all topics in an area), I had to hack this into phpBB for a
group but in a user profile Id just like to be able to receive all posts by
topic:

For example:
[ x ] New York PHP -> Technical Discussion -> PHP

I know there is per thread notification, but if you simply changed it to per
forum notification w/ subscriptions it solves a mailing list problem doesn't
it?  Just a thought ... and thank you Charles Warner!

- Jon