[nycphp-talk] (OT/LUG-ish) Location of php engine/exe for comand line use in Ma ndrake

Chris Bielanski Cbielanski at inta.org
Thu Feb 12 13:26:30 EST 2004

We're trying to get a bugtracking module installed on Mandrake 9.2 and the
installation requires the location of the PHP executable. We've got mod-php
installed into apache and all the service bindings for IMAP, etc installed
such that we can see them in the Mandrake system info panel. These were all
completed via plain-old package isntallation, no surprises there.

The crux of the problem is we aren't linux gurus (yet!), we need php at the
console - not through httpd, and we can't find a bloody exe to run or link!
find is not turning anything up either. Are we daft, or is there something
we're missing? Is there a default install location as a SAPI module or is it
just a CGI application?

Thanks,
Chris Bielanski - [CBielanski at inta.org]
Web Programmer,