[nycphp-talk] Translating XML to SQL

Chris Bielanski Cbielanski at inta.org
Thu Feb 12 16:36:41 EST 2004

> Hi Dan,
>
> Doing the foreign key checking while parsing is a great idea.
> I've walked
> through the redisigned process on paper and it seemed to work, until I
> started hitting areas of multiple children nodes in the xml
> data structure.
> and <images>
> tags. The <images> tag can have may <image> children tags in it.
That problem right there plagued my XML work a few weeks ago. I ended up
doing it the "wrong" way and putting a CSV list in the tag. I didn't have
time to find/rewrite an XML parser to do that job, even though it's within
spec. It would be to my great advantage is one was located or built - I'm
certain I'm not the only one.

Thanks,
Chris - [cbielanski at inta.org]