[nycphp-talk] Fw: MySQL Administrator Available for Download

Chris Shiflett shiflett at php.net
Fri Feb 13 11:41:28 EST 2004

--- Hans Zaunere <hans not junk at nyphp.com> wrote:
> The only downside, is that you of course have to have MySQL listen on
> the network, which in many cases, people don't do - MySQL often only
> listen on 127.0.0.1 (localhost).

I have a similar problem in that my DB server only has a local IP address
(and I'm not local). What I did to try this out is upload the MySQL admin
software to a server on my cluster, and run it from there.

After all these years of using Linux on the desktop and enduring the
slowness of X, it finally came in handy. :-)

So, I have an X client application running on a remote server that
connects to a remote MySQL database over a local network and sends its
graphical output to the X server running on my PC.

Chris

=====
Chris Shiflett - http://shiflett.org/

PHP Security - O'Reilly