[nycphp-talk] [off] dummy domains on windows

Daniel Convissor danielc at analysisandsolutions.com
Fri Feb 13 12:32:24 EST 2004

Just edit the HOSTS file:

C:\WINNT\system32\drivers\etc\HOSTS

--Dan

                http://www.AnalysisAndSolutions.com/

Subject: RE: [nycphp-talk] [off] dummy domains on windows
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 09:33:48 -0800
From: "Hans Zaunere" <hans not junk at nyphp.com>
To: "NYPHP Talk" <talk at lists.nyphp.org>

> i realize this is not really a PHP question, but it is related to me=20
> getting PHP working the way I need it to on a windows machine.  :/

This is perfect...

http://phundamentals.nyphp.org/PH_virtualhosting.php

> on my OS X box, i have several dummy domains pointing at 127.0.0.1,=20
> so that i can use apache's virtual hosts to have virtual servers on=20
> my machine, for testing of php projects locally.

We have had some discussion that there should be an addendum to the
above article to include OS X.  I believe we put a draft article out but
there hasn't been any feedback (unless I'm forgetting something).  Marc,
since you have done this successfully with OS X, maybe we could get the
draft posted again and you could give a couple pointers?