[nycphp-talk] Question about variable variables

Chris Shiflett shiflett at php.net
Fri Feb 13 16:25:43 EST 2004

--- Daniel Porcher <danporcher at earthlink.net> wrote:
> Is there a consensus about the use of variable variables?

I don't think so. I know a lot of people who think it is bad practice.
Their reasoning is never technical; it's social. They argue that variable
variables are more likely to confuse another programmer who looks at your
code, sort of like when you cram too many operations on a single line.

In my opinion, there are situations where it just happens to be the most
elegant solution. But, I certainly feel outnumbered on this one. :-)

Chris

=====
Chris Shiflett - http://shiflett.org/

PHP Security - O'Reilly