[nycphp-talk] 2 more php5 questions ...

David Mintz dmintz at davidmintz.org
Tue Feb 17 09:52:18 EST 2004

<editorial>This is one of the Best Damn Threads we've had all month, and
we always have good ones. Yahooo.</editorial>

On Mon, 16 Feb 2004, Adam Maccabee Trachtenberg wrote:

> It's tough to create a balance where people who are really into OO can
> go object-wild while "regular programmers" can just program and not
> worry about all the extra baggage they don't care about.

It's wildly ambitious in my humble quasi-lay opinion, and I wish them all
the luck in the world. PHP5 looks so Java-like that I sometimes think of
it as JHP. OTOH if we can have all that stuff if we want it, and ~still~
write a Hello World in one line (so unlike Java), halleluyah. It's like
the best of Perl and Java brought together and optimized to the max for
web applications. Yum. (No offense to the Java-haters and Perl-haters
intended.)

---
David Mintz
http://davidmintz.org/

        "Anybody else got a problem with Webistics?" -- Sopranos 24:17