[nycphp-talk] your IDE? (was "Zend Survey")

jon baer jonbaer at jonbaer.net
Wed Feb 18 11:22:43 EST 2004

> Anybody want to tell us what you're using to write your PHP code, and why
> you prefer that over other things you've tried?

I use Modelworks JPadPro (www.modelworks.com) ... first and foremost because
it is so extremely flexible and worth the price because the guy that writes
it Chet Murphy literally responds to every email/request/bug/question about
the IDE.  I tend to like it better than having a forum to go through or a
company ...

On Linux it seems to be Bluefish (http://bluefish.openoffice.nl/) which
kinda offers the same thing ...

The one part about the Zend studio which is good is the variable tracking it
offers (albeit you need to install the server to get the functionality), so
stepping into functions is pretty clear and nice ...

What Id really like to find is an IDE that can play nicely with MySQL/Smarty
in a visual way :-\

- jon