[nycphp-talk] How many of you guys are "down" with Java/OO - likeprogramming concepts?

bpang at bpang.com bpang at bpang.com
Thu Feb 19 09:51:01 EST 2004

Thanks to all for your helpful responses.

Chris, I am exactly at that point where I have moved and separated (most)
everything out to functions in included files.

A lot of the stuff I have, I have been able to reuse across multiple sites.
For example, a whole collection of database functions, such that I never
actually call mysql_query directly in my code.
Or another that builds select menus for me.

When I have a chance, I will certainly try some of the suggestions that
have been posted. Between all the responses, it's as though new light has
been shed on the situation.

:)

Lastly, are there any performance gains with OO over proceedural?