[nycphp-talk] sending info through a hyperlink...

Ophir Prusak lists at prusak.com
Fri Feb 20 15:03:05 EST 2004

You might want to look into using wild card DNS and using the client
name for the prefix for the host name.
Wild card DNS means that you can forward http://<blah>.mysite.com to
your site where blah can be anything.

I'm assuming each mini-site has a unique string you could use.
You could then have URLs in the form of:
http://mini-site1.mysite.com/
http://mini-site2.mysite.com/
etc.

You then always know what client mini-site you are in solely from the
host name.
Something along the lines of:

$host_array = explode (".",$_SERVER["HTTP_HOST"]);
$mini_site_name = $host_array[0];

This way you always have the site name available.

Ophir