[nycphp-talk] sqlite temp file problems

Daniel Convissor danielc at analysisandsolutions.com
Mon Feb 23 14:00:02 EST 2004

On Mon, Feb 23, 2004 at 11:26:48AM -0700, John Lacey wrote:

> $dbh = sqlite_open('foo.db', 0666, &$err_msg);

First, I get a call time pass by reference is depricated warning.

Taking out the & then takes me back to the original error message I
posted.

Something else is going on here.  I took a look at my security logs and
found attempts to create files such as "C:\WINNT\sqlite_5VwP2hmAcOMrUr1."
Well, I run Apache as a restricted user, so of course it can't write to
that directory!  Now, WHY is it trying to write to that directory?  How is
one supposed to set the temp dir for SQLite in PHP?  It's ignoring the
system environment variables, that's for sure.

Thanks,

--Dan

                http://www.AnalysisAndSolutions.com/