[nycphp-talk] moving MySQL Tables

Daniel Krook danielk at us.ibm.com
Fri Feb 27 12:48:16 EST 2004

The solution I use for this is to have a cron job run bin/mysqldump nightly
or on demand to write the data and structure to an SQL file, transfer the
file, then run "source c:\data.sql" from the second machine's mysql command
line client.  It's not much of a hassle to do a dump and rebuild this way.

Admittedly, the SQL file I dump is only in the range of half a MB, but this
technique is good for grabbing the latest data on my Solaris 4.0.15 and
using it on my Windows 2000 workstation running 3.23 or Mac OS X machine
running 4.0.17.

Carlos' solution is much better for larger, server to server migrations.
Using mysqldump is better for getting a latest copy and bringing it to your
workstation quickly.

Daniel Krook, Application Developer, Production Services, ibm.com
1133 Westchester Avenue, White Plains, NY 10604
Tel: (914) 642-4474, Tieline 224-4474
danielk at us.ibm.com

Personal: http://info.krook.org/
Persona: http://w3.ibm.com/persona/users/9/0/x/90MC212-P.html