[nycphp-talk] XML vs. DB (best approach)

jon baer jonbaer at jonbaer.net
Fri Feb 27 17:51:24 EST 2004

Well the 60 tables are a collaboration of packages ... (oscommerce, phpbb,
calendar, ai, etc) so much of it is reasonable, one is bh_player, which is
approx ~100 players per leagues, 5 leagues @ the moment:

CREATE TABLE bh_player (
  id int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,
  team int(11) default NULL,
  first varchar(50),
  last varchar(50),
  jersey int(2) NOT NULL default '0',
  number1 varchar(10) default NULL,
  number2 varchar(10) default NULL,
  email varchar(50),
  zipcode varchar(5) NOT NULL default '00000',
  position int(1) default NULL,
  captain tinyint(1) default '0',
  sponsor varchar(50) default NULL,
  PRIMARY KEY  (id)