[nycphp-talk] Getting array in $_POST

leam leam at reuel.net
Fri Feb 27 23:56:19 EST 2004

Okay, I'll try to make this understandable before I fall asleep. I'm
setting a bunch of check boxes where each is a member of an array. So
the first line is:

echo "<input name=\"Skill[]\" type=\"checkbox\"
value=\"$skill_data[skillID] \" \n ";

$skill_data[skillID] was previously pulled from the database and is a
unique identifier for each skill. Each checkbox has the skill name
beside it so the user can check what skills they have and then submit
the form.

However, php script calls another to load the database and I'm not sure
how to get the data from a $_POST[] variable. Can I? I don't want to
have to manually name each variable because there's a couple hundred of
them all told.

Hope that's enough info to make sense. If not I can just post my code,
though it is so ugly most sensible people avoid it.  :)

ciao!

leam