[nycphp-talk] PHP as CGI Binary

Tim Gales tgales at tgaconnect.com
Thu Jan 1 14:03:16 EST 2004

Jeff Siegel writes:
"The interesting thing, when I try to view the php.ini
> file that is
> in cgi-bin, I only see a few settings."

If the php.ini is sparse, here are some
excerpts from a suggested ini (as a
reminder)

; The root of the PHP pages, used only if nonempty.
; if PHP was not compiled with FORCE_REDIRECT, you SHOULD set doc_root
; if you are running php as a CGI under any web server (other than IIS)
; see documentation for security issues.  The alternate is to use the
; cgi.force_redirect configuration below
doc_root =

; cgi.force_redirect is necessary to provide security running PHP as a CGI
under
; most web servers.  Left undefined, PHP turns this on by default.  You
can
; turn it off here AT YOUR OWN RISK
; **You CAN safely turn this off for IIS, in fact, you MUST.**
; cgi.force_redirect = 1

Maybe it wouldn't hurt to make sure php was compiled with
FORCE_REDIRECT and explicitly set cgi.redirect = 1.

T. Gales & Associates
'Helping People Connect with Technology'

http://www.tgaconnect.com