[nycphp-talk] New PHundamentals Article

John Lacey jlacey at att.net
Fri Jan 2 15:40:07 EST 2004

Jeff Siegel wrote:
> A new PHundamentals article entitled "Book Recommendations" has been
> added to the PHundamentals section of the NYPHP website.
>
> See: http://phundamentals.nyphp.org/

I'd also consider recommending another of Larry Ullman's
books: "PHP and MySQL for Dynamic Web Sites"
Unlike his earlier books, this one uses good coding style
and it's good for beginners too.

I've also used "Web Database Applications with PHP & MySQL"
by Hugh E. Williams and David Lane
This one features a nice case study as its theme, but I
would not recommend it for beginners since it's a fairly
typical O'Reilly book in that regard.

hth,
John