[nycphp-talk] Re: File Uploading Permission Problem (solved)

Anirudh Zala xml at aumcomputers.com
Tue Jan 6 05:32:04 EST 2004

This is not good to keep 777 permission to your images (or any other file)
as it is hazardous and can cause severe problem if someone can access your
file system. Assigning permission 777 to any file may eliminate your problem
temporarily but eventually not suitable to carry on solving your problems
with this permission. Try to assing appropriate permission to your files
which is actually required and can keep them safe from being deleted or
misused. Read artilces about securiy and file permission on any good PHP
site or contact your server administrator for more information.

Anirudh Zala