[nycphp-talk] Re: New PHundamentals Article

Jeff Siegel jsiegel1 at optonline.net
Tue Jan 6 12:18:43 EST 2004

Sorry...comment period ended 5 minutes ago. ;)

Jeff
P.S. Since I don't use PEAR, the question is, which one of the functions
are used for escaping data? All three? Since the major focus is on
MySQL, is there one that is MySQL-specific?

David Mintz wrote:

> If the comment period isn't over yet, I have $.02.
>
> You might mention that if you happen to be using PEAR DB library, you
> might as well use quote(), or prepare() and execute(), which take care of
> correctly quoting the values represented by ? in parameterized SQL
> statements.
>

> ---
> David Mintz
> http://davidmintz.org/
>
>         "Anybody else got a problem with Webistics?" -- Sopranos 24:17

Found on the Simpson's Website:
"Ooooooh, they have the internet on computers now!"